NCBBA Member Scholarship
Scholarship Chairwoman, Secretary, Sara Jennings #11481
NCBBA is committed to higher education and has two scholarship programs. The first program is in support of Dare (First Flight HS, Manteo HS, and Cape Hatteras HS) and Hyde County (Ocracoke) High School and the second in support of our Members and Member's Children. Both scholarship programs are renewable for four years and totals $3,400 per student. Since the inception of this program, NCBBA is proud to have contributed in excess of $60,000 to Dare and Hyde County High School students for continuing education. Let your NCBBA membership give money back to you or your children through the Member Scholarship. The Member Scholarship is available to you if you have been a member in good standing for three years or for your child. Applications are due by APRIL 15th!
HOW DO I APPLY? It's simple!
Adults Applicants: Submit an Employment type resume which includes community activities, educational and employment history (5 years), a 100-300 word essay describing: statement of need, awards, special honors, and other significant personal accomplishments pertinent to this application as well as activities in support of NCBBA.
High School Seniors: Submit your GPA and class rank on an employment type resume which includes school and community activities, awards and special honors. Also a 100 - 300 word essay describing your statement of need and other significant personal accomplishments pertinent to this application. Letters of recommendation from your school guidance counselor and employer, if applicable, with your name in the subject line.
- Adults must have 3 or more years of NCBBA membership in good standing to apply or refer their child (as defined by the IRS) for the scholarship.
- Graduate level students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited institution of higher education must be provided upon notification of the award.
- Awards are for the current school year and are renewable for 4 years. The scholarship is $700 the first year, $800 the second year, $900 the third year and $1,000 the fourth year. This increase begins in 2020 and is not retroactive for the scholarships awarded in prior years. Scholarships awarded prior to 2020 are still $500 per academic year and will be paid to the higher education institution in the student’s name.
- Preference is given to applicants pursuing careers in fields that support conservation and natural resources OR for adults for retraining.
- Preference for the award is based on (1) financial need, (2) current student’s scholastic standing (2.7 GPA or higher), and (3) submitted essay
- The final decision on scholarship winners are made by the NCBBA Scholarship Committee based on the criteria above.
- New applications must be received by April 15.
- Renewal cutoff is December 31st for each school year.
- The award winner will be notified prior to the NCBBA Annual Meeting.
- The award will be announced and presented at the NCBBA Annual Meeting.
- Winners are expected to attend the NCBBA Annual Meeting to receive their scholarship award.
This Scholarhip is Renewable. See Instructions below.
- Submit a NEW application by April 15 to Sara Jennings at email@example.com or online
- Renew by emailing proof of your GPA to NCBBA Scholarship Director Sara Jennings (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 31 of the school year. No renewals will be paid after December 31st without exception.
- Maintain and provide proof of 2.7 GPA or higher while continuing thier education with the renewal notice.
If you have questions please email email@example.com
Fill out this online form (or scroll to bottom of page for downloadable application)
Download this application and email it to Sara.Jennings@ncbba.org with the subject line "Member Scholarship and your name"
Click Here to Download Application (Updated July 19, 2022)