NCBBA Annual Photo Contest
Jerry Stip, Photo Contest Chairperson
Attention all Junior, Adult and Life Members,
It's time to get those cameras clicking and capture those memorable moments on the Outer Banks. Please read the contest criteria and submissions guidelines before submitting your photos. All the instructions are below.
- Photos must be taken during the contest year between November 21 to November 20.
- The photo MUST be taken on the Outer Banks from Carova to Ocracoke and reflect the attractiveness and/or the attractions of the area.
- All photos must be taken on land. Photos from drones, planes or boats offshore will not be considered.
- Members can submit more than one entry, but contestant can only win one prize.
- Photos can be submitted at any time during the contest year which ends on November 20.
- Photos can be color or black/white.
- The maximum file size is 1.5Mb per photo.
- Each photo should be of good quality with clear images.
- The photo will be posted with your name and membership number on the Photo Gallery hosted on the NCBBA website.
- The photo entry will remain property of NCBBA and may be used to benefit the association with credit given to the photographer. By submitting your photo in the contest, you are licensing NCBBA with unrestricted use of the photo in perpetuity.
- Professional photographers are not eligible to submit photos in this contest.
There Are Two Ways to Submit Your Photos
Click here to submit electronically
Submit your photo via email by following the instructions below
Email your photo to email@example.com with the subject line “Photo Contest Submittal” and in the body of your email provide the following information.
- Name and Membership Number
- Address, City, State, and Zip Code
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date and Location where the photo was taken
- Caption or title for the photo
Individually attach the photo to the email, ensuring to adhere to the size requirement of 1.5Mb Max in JPEG format. Obvious extensive editing, Photoshop signatures, timestamps and/or watermarks are not permitted on the photo or it will be disqualified.
Judging the Winners
The photo entries will be judged for prizes for the first, second, and third place to be awarded. The winning photo entries and names will be published in the January/February/March edition of the NCBBA Newsletter. All winners will receive a formal letter of congratulations from the NCBBA along with their prize.
Photo Contest Prizes
Regular & Life Members
First Place - $100.00
Second Place - $75.00
Third Place – $50.00
First Place - $75.00